Always Perfect.

You know you’ve got a friend in Tessa Burrows when the only “fun” mail you received in all of 2010 was from her. A care package that consisted of Lip Smackers, nail polish, a makeup bag, starbucks gift card, and in typical “save the best for last” fashion, A SNUGGIE. Light pink. Which, by the way, makes me look and feel like a Jedi Princess every time I sit in my favorite spot in my apartment and edit. Oh, and don’t worry, you can totally sleep in it and just pretend they’re a viable form of pajamas. (ask me about the time I thought I heard my first earthquake and sprinted out of my apartment with just my Snuggie on…turns out it was random fireworks from the Giants winning the World Series)

You might remember my obsession with Tessa and Geno from this session. It has been almost a year since their e-session, and waiting for their “big day” felt like the worst Christmas tease of all time. I think Tessa bought the entire Etsy store in this timeframe (I have 278+ picture texts that prove this) and then I somehow convinced her that we needed this for her wedding (see “Weird Booth” collage, below). Needless to say, we made ourselves sick with excitement, for almost a year straight.

It’s all fun and games until Tessa’s mom, her best girlfriends, and me (what?) starts to cry. Things get real serious when the hair is done, and the dress officially goes on….and we’re en route to the venue, to see her almost-husband. Seeing Tessa walk (float) down the aisle and watching her hands gracefully collapse into Geno’s made me realize that seeing the bride and groom together for the first time IS my favorite part of being a wedding photographer. I watch the crowd and just know that they feel the same way that I do- relieved that the two are finally together after a whole day of running around, and relieved that they’re finally together. Everything before and after this moment could have been a train wreck, but this moment is ALWAYS perfect.

Hearing the guests cheer as Geno and Tessa were announced for the first time was like being at a concert and hearing that N’SYNC was the special guest. People were SCREAMING. I saw a woman reach out to touch Tessa’s dress as she walked by, and I wouldn’t be surprised if someone told me that she later passed out. Everyone was just in complete awe of the pair, and none of it had to do with the Etsy tidbits or my Weird Booth or those indigo blue shoes (maybe a little bit to do with the shoes).

Congratulations to Geno and Tessa, you make our hearts feel good.

by Danielle

9 comments

Tessa D'Angelo - July 25, 2011 - 8:14 pm

Daniellesabarbie,

You out did yourself … once again. I am in AWE of all the amazing pictures you captured. You have managed to make me see and feel every feeling, every emotion, and every smile in each one of these beautiful pictures that are filled with nothing but LOVE!

I can not wait to see the rest of them.

I am tearing up all over again as I am reliving the best day of my life!

P.S. thanks for leaving out my mini-moment of the P!nk song when I started crying in the car and immediatly thought of texting you about my episode I had. LOL :)

“Thank you” will never seem like enough …

Love your little tiny bones to the moon and back,
Tessa D’Angelo

Cari - July 25, 2011 - 10:54 pm

These are pretty bad ass. If / when I ever get married – can you please be my photog?!

Vanessa - July 26, 2011 - 2:32 am

You captured every beautiful detail of Tessa’s wedding! I cried looking at the pictures, I can only imagine how emotional that day must have been. Your photographs are amazing, and Tessa looks amazing in them (as always!). <3

Gail Pomare - July 26, 2011 - 3:07 pm

reading your words transported me all the way back to that truly magical day…. with a huge smile on my face – to hang out at an outstanding wedding, with an incredible couple and an amazing photographer!!!
You truly are so gifted with a camera and a keyboard. Brava to you – you images only add to that ‘always perfect’ – and I will forever be in awe of the versatility of gum! :) – arohanui!

Les Burrows - July 27, 2011 - 7:57 pm

June 12th 2011 was a day I had prayed about from the time I set eyes on my baby daughter. As I view these pictures and reflect on that day I must say that ALL of my prayers were answered for her.

These pictures will be a testament to what a great God we serve.

It is and will be inescapable the total love and joy expressed on both Geno and Tessa’s faces. Not to mention the rest of the congregation gathered to witness this most blessed event.

I am actually amazed at how well the photographers captured every detail. Right down to “Bud” (Tessa’s teddy bare.) This was an event to be remembered, unlike any other.

My most deepest appreciation goes out to all involved.

To you Danielle, I thank you for using the talent God gave you, capturing this wedding for our family and our family not yet born.

God bless,

Les and Durda

Les Burrows - July 27, 2011 - 7:57 pm

These pictures will be a testament to what a great God we serve.

My most deepest appreciation goes out to all involved.

God bless,

Les and Durda

Monique - August 2, 2011 - 5:17 am

The photos are beautiful. I have seen many wedding photos and these top them all. The lighting is perfect and you captured all the wonderful moments.

shannon - August 12, 2011 - 1:46 pm

youre a wonder my dear friend. a wonder. you managed to find all the right moments in the most beautiful of light. bravo my girl. proud to be your part time lover. xo

[...] such a cool lady. You can view Danielle’s gorgeous blog write up and images from the day HERE. Thanks Danielle, you will forever be awesome! [...]

Your email is never published or shared. Required fields are marked *

There was an error submitting your comment. Please try again.